Smashed a few

S

stikbrandon

Well since it was hot I cut my deer hunt short and decided to go see if I could hit a few doves. I got to my house about 2pm graves the dog and headed out had to run a few earns first do I didn't get to the feilds till about 330, started out slow than I hit the tree line smashed one b-libeling to the opening that leads to the feild. The pup saw it drop and retrieved it for me not a problem! I was walking out to the rocks where I had my chair ,got there sat for about two minutes and 7 dove come straight for me . Bam!!!! Stoned that little guy and didn't have time for the follow up cause they went straight up an over the rocks I was sitting in front of. My pup grabbed that one two. The third bird well that was tricky.... While I was trying to get my dog to drop the dove the group of doves that just flew over at 100 mph came back to take a peak at there downed comrad !!! I quit trying to get the bird and draw down on the lead bird and squeeze, dam saftey was on!!!..... So by the time I clicked it to fire the squadren of doves had passed exsept one !!! So I hammered him! It dropped near the rocks and I lost it!

So I put my dog on it and low and behold she found it!....

Guys this is my first dog and I wanted a full blown bird dog. That was a working dog. But i ended up getting a rescue, she was 6 months when I got her, she's a lab mix, I was told lab/gsp but who knows ... She point on quail and retreives. Bottom line it she may not be a great bird dog,she's scared of water is my wife's baby but she is my dog, and all that I need! Can't wait to see if she will go get a goose!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
Nice job buddy. You sure picked up dove hunting quick. Natural!

Thanks guys... It's a lot of fun, we both learned bird hunting together. She's a dam good companion, she's just a pup about 1 1/2 yrs old and she likes to still do her own thing every once in a while like chase rabbit a quarter mile away Hahahaha ask 8steel! I guess it helps her find the fun in being in the feild, But 99% of the time she's my bird hunting companion and loves to sit with me and stair in to the sky looking for birds.

She wines when the crows fly to roost like dad shoot one !

Can wait till the season opens she will have a blast, if I'm stoning doves I should have no problem dropping the slow moving crows! I'm sure she will hone her skills on crows cause there is a million of them thing asking for turkey loads

stikbrandon said:
she likes to still do her own thing every once in a while like chase rabbit a quarter mile away Hahahaha ask 8steel!

That WAS a giant cotton tail so I can't hold it against her!

That sounds like a great dog! :) Cute pup too.

Congratulations on bagging a few doves. Isn't it a blast! :) :)

Brandon, you've really shown what is possible but I'd say you got super lucky to have a dog as trainable as she has been. A lot of variables go into it, all lined up for you. I have a lab mix rescue who would probably be trainable, but she has bad hips so we can't let her run. Sad for her because she'd love it; just one of many potential problems if you don't get a dog that's bred for the job.

Sent via Tapatalk

Back