So is anyone hunting fresh turkey for Thanksgiving? I want to live vicariously.

Every time they walk by my tree stand I feel deer are close so I don't do it. But I may put fourth a little more effort next week and try and arrow one. About 100 hens and Jakes stood in front of me for 5min this morning.

Tried yesterday, but had no luck. Hoping to get another chance before the season ends for a Christmas bird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invisible man said:
Every time they walk by my tree stand I feel deer are close so I don't do it. But I may put fourth a little more effort next week and try and arrow one. About 100 hens and Jakes stood in front of me for 5min this morning.

Sounds like you and I need to get together, or at least set me up in the general area of those birds

I do not know anyone who would screw up their deer area for a turkey, don't get me wrong I love turkey hunting as much as the next guy just saying..

Picked up my new Beretta 391 Xtrema from John at FF, but had to work Wednesday and Friday so trying to get out tomorrow early to break it in!
;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu