So what do u use?

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
I'm looking to start killing more. What do u guys do. Foxpro? Hand calls ? If so what kind? How do they work and how do u use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mouth calls: cottontail and jackrabbit distress calls, Dan Thompson Red Dessert Howler, lip squeaks. You shoot way more than I do, so I don't know that I really have anything helpful to offer! I think the Mojo Critter or other, similar decoy would be a good addition to my pack- might get the prey drive to kick in a little more. The howler I mentioned may be doing more bad than good. Some guys use them as locators before daylight, then go back to the spots where they got answers and hunt them with regular calls during the day. On the other hand, I've seen videos of coyotes and bobcats coming in to just the howler (in other states).

One idea I had would be to use pre-recorded soundfiles on my cell phone- you know, call 'em in with the real thing. So if I want to call foxes, I might use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

If you guys have any links to sounds that might work, post 'em up!

BuckHunter said:
Foxpro set on Lighting Jack seemed to work for me.

Word on the street is this dude named buckhunter feeds yotes the hypodermic....... While using lighting jack

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu