SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up...March 6th

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but we will have a shooting range to pattern your shotguns...We will provide turkey head targets...This is one of the most important aspects of turkey hunting...Know where your shotgun shoots and what loads are most effective.

This is from my daughters Benelli M-2 with a standard full choke at 40 yds...TSS #9's...Sand storm!

ps...Archery target too...Provided by Bear State archery club

.014.JPG

If you have young ones for the shooting range bring some bird shot to let them warm up to the thumper......most of the time I'm correcting the shoulder mount which is better to do with lite loads before the thumper.

Got enough targets for this year Steve?

Reactions: ilovesprig
If you have young ones for the shooting range bring some bird shot to let them warm up to the thumper......most of the time I'm correcting the shoulder mount which is better to do with lite loads before the thumper.

We have 100 turkey targets

The big dummys are fired up at grannys also..pretty early this year....like grandpa use to say..."a stiff dick has know brains son.".. gonna be a slaughter...wonder if ill get to actually shoot one this year with the cockblockers consistently cockblocking me...cant blame um i guess...apple dont fall far from the tree...uggh!20210222_204426.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a new hunter who knows close to nothing, I’m really looking forward to this event. Is there anything I should bring other than cash, my shotgun, and/or bow?

We now have 250 targets...Also, bring EAR and EYE protection, if you plan on shooting (we'll have some).

From today

.023.JPG

Thanks[mention]ilovesprig [/mention] for a great event today! It was a ton of fun. Appreciate all the hard work making it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
Thank you! Great event with a lot of useful information and really nice people around.

Attachments

• IMG-3955.jpg
    IMG-3955.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 33

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu