Solo hunter looking for insite on D19...

Capt.bones

Sep 15, 2015
San Diego, CA
Good afternoon everybody. I know this is a common question, i have no shame asking. I tried searching d19, d 19, and san jacinto deer. No search results on the site. I have "put rubber to dirt" and hiked up the pct trail off the 74. Just shy of the gold mines. Very thick brush and bad vantage points for glassing. I hunt solo, i have been on sportfishing boats for 17 yrs, so i know the importance of hiding spots. I missed out on d16 tags as i live in lakeside san diego and was excited to scout some deer i saw last year deep into mccanes valley. Unfortunately didn't work out that way and i dont want to give up this year. I plane on hiking in and tent camping to reach farther out. My distance personally is 8-10 miles a day before i start feeling sluggish. Id rather hike far, as i had great luck at mccanes going far distances. A private message would be greatly appreciated for a solo self taught hunter. Thank you all for the patience and im sure there will ridicule over this and many post like mine, but i doesn't hurt to ask.

Capt. B,

Wish I could help you more...The only deer I've ever seen on public were around Hemet Lake while fishing...I know the north side of the lake is NF...Good luck

Reactions: Drake Dunn

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu