Some short range target shooting!

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all, Im still here and check in daily to see what you guys are up to. Been very busy with work and family events. I did however get a chance to visit a local Benchrest venue, I fooled around a little with my .30 EVOL at some short range. I was pleased with my groups although I feel I could do much better with bags. When I return from my trip up North I plan to do some serious practice at 75/100/130 yards for an upcoming Extreme Benchrest in Arizona. Here is a short video of my experience last week.

Thanks, the wind is quite challenging but the .30 is fairly forgiving at that short range. Felt a bit out of place shooting that monster next to some of the pros that were competing that day, the bags would have made a huge difference as the bipod has tendency to jump. I'm going to invest is a good lead filled bag for the rear that should help with horizontal stringing. 130 yards should be a worthy challenge and great practice. The targets will be 1/4" lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu