Spamming this site?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Is all this out of state expensive guide service offering real or is it spam? It's getting so out of control the last few days I have no idea what is going on on this site. Is it me? Am I the problem or is it a little excessive? I mean if I'm looking for an out of state hunt I'll look but I hate tv commercials or other things like this that are trying to offer me things I don't want. It's getting to a point that if I sign on to the site and all I see are these ads I'll just sign back out.

Ok so I've been told by the powers that be that it's all authorized and not spamming but it still seam excessive and I still stand by what I said. I'll never book a hunt from an ad. I only purchase things I need or want when I'm looking and not from over posting This is the only sponsor I see that does this. I'm sorry if my statments annoy people and yes I don't give money to the site but I've met some great people and have given and received some great advise. But it's still really annoying

Yeah the spamming is annoying, but as with all annoying things, just ignore them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always looking for an out of state hunt that's not breaking the bank. Especially the mule deer hunts. I would love to shoot a giant mule deer and unfortunately it keeps getting harder and harder to get good access to great mule deer country. If you think these are expensive hunts you haven't shopped around.
I'm sure there are other people on here that would be interested in some of the other hunts that have been offered as well.

Lungpopper said:
I'm always looking for an out of state hunt that's not breaking the bank. Especially the mule deer hunts. I would love to shoot a giant mule deer and unfortunately it keeps getting harder and harder to get good access to great mule deer country. If you think these are expensive hunts you haven't shopped around.
I'm sure there are other people on here that would be interested in some of the other hunts that have been offered as well.
I agree with what lung popper said. However when the last 20 posts I can see are those hunts it gets old quick.

Personally I don't mind. Frankly I don't know where he gets the time to write as much as he does, because I often don't have the time to read the ads. But it's amazing how many opportunities he offers, and a lot of them look like good deals, especially for DIY or semi-DIY hunts.

GSPman, D16hunter, Benjamin - et al

Greg for the most part only advertises his hunts on his vendor forum that he paid for. The vendor sub forums are set up for you. It allows valid advertisers to post their information for you to read or not to read. If you don't want to read his information, don't go in his subforum.

These folks are the people that keep this forum running. And we don't let just anybody advertise. Greg has some very good and affordable hunts and the guy is a decent person. So he is offering a good resource for folks who want a good hunt and can't afford to sell their car to go.

The subforms are set up so you have the option to get information if you want to. It also keeps the general forum clean of advertisers jacking threads. We have had threads spammed before but the moderator crew does a good job of pruning these type posts.

If you're using Tapatalk then it's every line when reading the trending or unread discussions but that's on us for using that app. Just scroll on by is what I do. It's in his area though.

Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

Aeon said:
Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.
Streisand effect. Love it.

Aeon said:

Funny I actually read a few of the post after reading this thread.

I like Discounted Hunts posts. I look at everyone of them. They have really good deals and I will probably use them if I ever get the opportunity(hall pass from wifey} to book with an outfitter.

feels like spam to me... every time I click on "show unread post since I left" that's just about all I see. It is what it is I guess l will have to live with it :'(

I'm with MJB. If I thought their posts were the beginning of the end I would definitely say so. We have a long glide path to a bigger future.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm sitting in a blind in the Carolinas and I only have 20 more min of daylight. I need a guide!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu