Spotted Bass in the bay

PSE-582

Sep 15, 2014
San Diego
I have a float tube and go out nearly every weekend to the San Diego bay's. Typically just catch and release the spotted bass but it's still a ton of fun plus an occasional halibut. I'd love to sport fish but I get sea sick :-\

Anyone else fish the San Diego Bay Area? Anyone else tube?

I've wanted to try kayaking but never have. I started with a tube cause I didn't have a truck at the time and it was easier to transport. I usually only fish Mission at night, I should try during the day more.

We fish the big bay all the time before the wind blows. It is not uncommon to get 30 fish in a three hour period. My kids get a little squirly after a few hours. Pick up a legal Hali now and again.

Attachments

• Irvine.png
    Irvine.png
    906.7 KB · Views: 75
3" swim baits with 1/4 oz. lead heads and these grubs with 1/8-1/4 oz. round heads. Gotta get there before it starts blowing or I can't keep the bait on the bottom. Otherwise wide open fishing. I fish pretty deep though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 18

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu