Spring Dispersal 2015

Man them boys need to slow down just a little more so we can have a full season lol. I hope the kids get some good quality birds.

Steve,

Your pictures of yard birds are amazing. I wish we had a quarter of the birds you guys have down there.

There are two spots I can think of that have birds near Frazier park. But that's all I'm going to say about it.

Tony,

I've always heard and assumed birds out of Tejon would move over there.....Can you imagine, if could take birds out of some parks or San Fran and move them to these ideal areas?

Cloudy and much cooler today, but still saw birds.....More on MCC too.....Dispersal is in full swing. Timing is going to be perfect..... :)

ps.....Only bad news is, I just saw it's supposed to rain next week.....The Parkies will postpone our youth hunt until May, if it rains a drop...... :(

ps.....Saw 100's & 100's of band-tails.....Damn, I hope they raise the limit to 4...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    993.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    694.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 44
Those pic's are an AWESOME SIGN! Wow that was a pretty good gang of turkeys. Whats really cool is seeing the deer and Turkeys together. That would be a dream kill right there in the fall for me.

Steve those pics are awesome! I can't wait! It's amazing how fast things can change -- the opener looks very promising :) I'm going to have to get back out there and check all the spots again lol started scouting too early...

I have a feeling we're gonna have to work for these birds this year on MCC (pretty much like another year lol). Nice thing is my son has spring break for the first two weeks of April so I'll probably leave my gun at home and just let him shoot my birds this year. He's a much better shot anyways.

My parents live in Pine Valley and had a flock of turkeys come through their yard a few days ago. The toms were breeding the hens. Not sure how that affects the timing as far as the hunting season goes...

Breacher said:
My parents live in Pine Valley and had a flock of turkeys come through their yard a few days ago. The toms were breeding the hens. Not sure how that affects the timing as far as the hunting season goes...

Nick,

What it means is the hens will start leaving the toms somewhere during the morning or day......It affects hunting by having the toms left without hens......Still in the breeding mode, they start wondering around listening and looking for available girls.....And that's a good thing..... ;)

A few pix from this morning with MJB........ ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    731.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    853.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 41
Fowl Play said:
ilovesprig said:
Tom,

What spot did you drawn for MCC?......Some pix were from there....... ;)

Looking forward to the opener ;D

Tom,

Hope you got the pix I sent you......That's where Tanner shot his opening day bird last year......It might be tough in the morning, if they have all those hens. But, by 10:30 or so, they should be pretty susceptible...... ;)

Isn't this 2 year old a beauty......And you wouldn't believe where I saw him and 2 hens...... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    832.2 KB · Views: 43
Went out this morning on MCC and saw a lot of deer but no turkey. Even got a good glimps of a buck still in valvet. Found a spot on public land with a nice flock of birds so might be taking my kid there for the Jr opener.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 43
Cool pic Gen.......If he's still in velvet, then he's never going to lose it.......Something is biologically wrong.

Here's a few of bucks of the same character this time of year. Greg's buck was shot in November. Still in velvet......Two from Mesa Grande, one from Palomar.

Attachments

• IMG_9268.JPG
    IMG_9268.JPG
    621.1 KB · Views: 40
  • turkeys 4-5-13 003.JPG
    turkeys 4-5-13 003.JPG
    572 KB · Views: 40
  • turkeys 2009 189.jpg
    turkeys 2009 189.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 39
ilovesprig said:
Cool pic Gen.......If he's still in velvet, then he's never going to lose it.......Something is biologically wrong.

Here's a few of bucks of the same character this time of year. Greg's buck was shot in November. Still in velvet......Two from Mesa Grande, one from Palomar.

holly smokes that spike is freaking heavy...

Isn't this 2 year old a beauty......And you wouldn't believe where I saw him and 2 hens......
[/quote]

Crazy how close that bird was to the road.......had a great time scouting with ya

Scouted all day today and saw the usual birds at the usual spots (private and not huntable). This season is looking pretty tough at the spots I am familiar with.

Hope this changes quick!! :mad:

Pics from yesterdays scout. Despite a few tracks and scat, not much going on. Crazy how the birds can flood an area one year and be non existent the next....The picture of the tom is from private property that I always stop by on the way home from the field. Whats up this year with the birds??? ???

Attachments

• tom.JPG
    tom.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • turkey print.JPG
    turkey print.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 32

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu