Stink pigs trip this weekend

Last edited:
my brother and I got to the campsite around 11 am om Friday and spent the rest of the day heading up to the area a Freind recommended to start. I had my bow with me in case we saw some javelina but we were on a scouting mission to see where we wanted to start in the morning. We ended up 26 miles from camp on rutted out roads to get to the area we were told about. We saw a bunch of white tail and a few Julie’s but no javeline. We spent the next morning driving up to that spot glassing the canyons on the way and again saw nothing but deer( not a bad thing but not what we’re after). Met some locals that were deer hunting and talking to them sounded like javelina are everywhere out there but still we can’t glass any up and we are glassing miles of canyons and valleys. Getting discouraged we decided to move to a lower elevation, we get about a mile from the spot we set up to glass and there’s 6 of them drinking from a rut in the road. I was able to get out of the truck and got to 40 yards and screwed up and used my 30 yard pin. Now it’s game on because they only ran about 100 yards so I make another stack and at about 35 yards I feel the wind on the back of my neck and like that they are off again. I look at where they end up and go around the hill to get the wind and start another stalk. At 30 yards from the one I was targeting a boar comes out from behind a cactus at 20 yards runs about 10 yards and stops quartering away, I drew back and let him have it.he ran about 20 yards and piled up in a bush. It was a clean pass through and stuck in the prickly pear behind him. I realize now how well they blend in and that I prob glassed over them earlier. Good times and I can’t wait to go again next year.IMG_2064.jpegIMG_3379.jpegIMG_3384.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh ..the TRUCK!! Works every time..so I'm told .nice work.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu