Stollen game camera in McCains!

Capt.bones

Sep 15, 2015
San Diego, CA
I know this is not going to get my game camera back, and it was primarily my fault for putting it too close to a dirt bike path. It was a browning strike force hd pro. I put an identifiable red marking on the top of it. I really just want my sd card. Anyway, probably not worth posting, but you never know. First one ever stollen in 4 years. Sucks.

sucks dude, sorry to hear that. Did you have it locked up?
I do not understand the mentality of taking $hit that isn't yours.
Regardless of where it is...
Best bet now is to have a camera watching your other camera watching the other camera....
Even then chances of recovering a stolen camera is slim to none. Need a lojack or some such thing.

To be honest i was ignorant and didnt ever think to lock it. 75% of the time im in areas where theres no trails or people around. I guess i got comfortable and put it too close to a dirt bike trail.

That sucks...I took a chance and set some out using zip ties and thankfully the next week they were still there. Even had someone walk passed one of mine and didnt notice it. I didn't want to chance it again so I pulled them. Got a buck on each cam so I was just glad to know I put them in a good spot. I've come across other hunters cameras and don't go near them..some are just strapped and others I've seen have lock boxes.

Ya. Id like to think that another hunter would see it and respect it. So that makes me jump to the conclusion that a dirt biker took it, but anyone is capable of stealing it.

Haven't lost one yet. But I did notice that when I left one at a particular spot for an extended period... I think it ended up being a bad move because when Archery season came around I caught two other hunters passing by it. Very rarely do ya ever even see another hunter in there except opening day of rifle. And even then it's iffy whether you'll see one.

I'm looking to setup a few. do you guys put your information on the camera somewhere?
Like using PTouch label or something?

I have to imagine people that do this have never suffered a theft loss themselves. When we were young my first wives car got stolen one time. And when you're young and struggling, man does that loss hurt!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu