Sunday fun

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
So Yesterday I decided to get both boys out and get my youngest boy Yuji out on his first fishing trip. As we headed up to the pond we noticed lots of clouds and distant rain clouds so I was a bit worried. Once we get there I put out two poles for the boys for bluegills and two rigs for catfish. I wasn't too worried about Yusuke as he's got the casting and catching part down like a pro, the problem was making sure Yuji enjoyed his time out without destroying our gear ???

Surprisingly Yuji hooks into a nice size bluegill but has a hard time figuring out how to reel in the stink'n thing so his big bro Yusuke springs into action and gets the fish over the weed bed. All of a sudden we hear thunder and then off in the hills we hear the sweet sounds of gobbling turkeys! But then the rain pour start and we take shelter under the back gate of the suburban. We look at the bluegill and take pics of the boys with the fish. Soon after we catch a nice size catfish and a few bass I managed to bring in with plastics.

Since the rain never stopped, we decided to pack it up and head home. On the way home we saw bucks in velvet on every corner of the 67. Even though it was just a few hours, we had a awesome time in the rain and mud.

Attachments

• 139.JPG
    139.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Mr. Catfish, the boys in the mud...

Attachments

• 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 140.JPG
    140.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Very cool Matagi. Times like that those boys will always remember.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu