Tagged out this year!

Mandog760

Jun 18, 2015
Persistence pays! This is my my fourth season hunting and after Many failed attempts I filled both my tags this year!. This season was filled with a lot of highs and lows I had two blown stalks and a wounded buck during archery but I was met with success on the last day of archery season I got my first deer ever a doe at 15 yards. Yesterday I had my daughter with me we were looking to fill her G-13 tag and after two weekend of not seeing a single deer we were losing hope. On our way back to camp yesterday out popped this little 3x3 from behind some brush he started to walk back the way he came so I circled back to the right with just enough time to see him before he went into the ravine I quickly shot and I got him with the rifle at 110 yards the exciting part is he also happens to be the same buck I wounded during archery What are the odds!
My daughter got witness the whole thing I thought I had missed but when I got to were he was standing there he was I yelled back to my daughter " I got em I got em" he dropped in tracks with a neck shot! She got to see how to gut and skin a animal for the first time. To add the excitement of the day we saw the rocket launch on the way down the mountain what a crazy thing to witness. Now I can devote the rest of the season to my daughter and getting her tags filled. Thanks for reading everybody I hope everybody has a good season!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 292
Thanks everybody, during archery I got a good long look at him before I shot him no mistaking this cool little 3x3! I was heart broken when I didn't find him I blood trailed him for quite a long ways. Also the scar he had healing up was consistent with my broad head. I hit him high after the Arrow bounced of a oak shoot that I did not see. You could see the lump on his left shoulder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 20
That's awesome it's the same buck. Last year in A-zone I shot a buck with my bow and I knew I made a bad shot.. We tracked him for a mile or two and couldn't turn him up.. I was upset and thinking what a waste.. Well 2nd week of rifle season we find my buck 400 yards from where I shot it with my bow, this time he had 150gr's of copper put into him tough critters..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hard work put into your hunt and it paid off... congrats

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu