Target practice shut down

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Diane Jacobs has wrote a letter to the Dept of the Interior to request a stop to target shooting on BLM. That's all I know, your comments bellow

Wow I always had a lot of respect for her and thought she was on our side. It will be interesting to hear all of the details.

BLM is federal she shouldn't be able to touch it. Unless the letter is for all BLM land nationwide. Good luck getting that to pass in the other western states they would tar and feather politians before it would pass.

Post up the link to where you heard this please. If true I will make phone calls.

Reactions: Bonejour
I just sent an email to her office asking about it. Will post again if I get a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was the pink gate deal from what I read. Trying to find the article again. It popped up on my FB feed

Before anyone jumps to too many conclusions.....Diane Jacobs (county supervisor) is a true friend of the outdoorsman & hunters.

Like most things, there's two sides to every story.....I know when Orosco Ridge was closed down, it was because of us/shooters.....The place became a trash dump & was a serious fire hazard.....Why do you think most NF land has no shooting unless in legal pursuit of game?

Let's see her reasoning, if in fact she has any bearing on this issue at all.

Reactions: fraginator
sadly enough what Steve said is true ,most of these issues are caused by irresponsible firearms owners , I'm made numerous calls to the officials regarding people illegally target shooting during posted blm closures, not enough man power
the stupidity of these people baffles me, the nerve to park their car right next to the big red and white sign, oh I didn't know, there no excuse for ignorance of the law.

94a195b588675894e293db86f61b7b7e.jpg
seen this in one of my favorites shooting spots. Blm land. I've been going there for many years.

sadly enough what Steve said is true ,most of these issues are caused by irresponsible firearms owners , I'm made numerous calls to the officials regarding people illegally target shooting during posted blm closures, not enough man power
the stupidity of these people baffles me, the nerve to park their car right next to the big red and white sign, oh I didn't know, there no excuse for ignorance of the law.

This is exactly why!

Every year I join the American Adventurists group to do a huge 'range' clean up just south of Ocatillo on BLM land. The BLM supplies a 40' trash bin and we over flow it with literally tons of target crap and casings. If not for the efforts of these 100 guys, I'm sure it would be closed.
In stead of back round checks, we need 'Idiot' checks for these gun owners.

Reactions: steveo007
This sign used to be up in one of my favorite quail spots......It's now gone & was replaced by a No Hunting sign.....And every year the local yocals call the sheriffs.....And every year I show them that it's BLM.

.quail 2010 013.JPG

Reactions: Grandmesa79
94a195b588675894e293db86f61b7b7e.jpg
seen this in one of my favorites shooting spots. Blm land. I've been going there for many years.

Maybe you posted it for another reason, but that photo is worth a thousand words, and good example of why we lose access to places. Look at the bullet holes in the sign. I'm sorry, but what kind of idiot does that? Legal sign or not, don't just start using random things for target practice. Go to a place where it's allowed, clean up after yourself, don't give them any reason to take more away......

Reactions: TRICER
Good call, Sean......These hulls were left on CNF......They were near a drinker & guzzler.....Clays all over the place.....:mad:

.011.JPG 006.JPG

Maybe you posted it for another reason, but that photo is worth a thousand words, and good example of why we lose access to places. Look at the bullet holes in the sign. I'm sorry, but what kind of idiot does that? Legal sign or not, don't just start using random things for target practice. Go to a place where it's allowed, clean up after yourself, don't give them any reason to take more away......

Sorry but I took those pictures and those aren't bullet holes. Where do you see bullet holes? This area that I'm talking about is a blm area . I'm visisting the blm office today in Moreno Valley

The photo I showed had 2 signs side by side. The one on the left looks like 3 clear bullet holes, at least to me they do.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu