Taxidermist San DIEGO

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
Anyone know a taxidermist around here? The one I use lives way up north and I don't wanna drive way up there. It's time to find a local one and affordable. Thanks in advance everyone

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Deer Guy
Thank you sir.. I'll be calling him later.
Jose,

Mike Berry in Pine Valley (619-473-8312).....I think he still charges $500.00....You get it back in under a year.

Taking a buck there today.

He might think about a DIY skull cap mount. I do it every year.

Takes 5 mins with a saws all to cut the cap off...then 3 hours to boil the meat off the cap (use some soap and bleach in the water).

Then about an hour screwing it into the wood from behind, along with the bullet. See below for my 2015 mounts.

2015 skulls.jpg

He might think about a DIY skull cap mount. I do it every year.

Takes 5 mins with a saws all to cut the cap off...then 3 hours to boil the meat off the cap (use some soap and bleach in the water).

Then about an hour screwing it into the wood from behind, along with the bullet. See below for my 2015 mounts.

View attachment 37016
That looks great. Good job. Nice work

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu