Tennessee turkey

GSE2

non sibi sed patriae(not for self but for country)
Aug 15, 2013
San Diego
So im active duty and when I was in cali you guys helped me alot with info and advice so I wanted to share my success story (finally) I hunted a deer season and fall and turkey in cali that was my first seasons 2013-2014 unfortunately due to deployment I missed deer season this year but now im heading to be a recruiter in michigan....pretty excited.......but im currently in Pensacola Florida and have a old navy buddy who lives in Tennessee gave him a call and set up a hunt for there turkey opener which was the fourth....drove up six hours and headed out around noon on opening day set up the decoys to the left of a pond in the back of some cow pastures sat down by the wood line bout 50 yards out waited bout five mins he started calling instantly got a gobble back from over this ridge he kept calling and getting a response but twenty mins go by like this and he finally came in walk right up to the tom and hen then past right to the Jake I thought for sure he had figured it out but he rounded the back side of the jake and came on the other side of the tom decoy puffed his chest out and turned his tail to me I raised up my gun he immediately turn towards and I shot.....he turned and dropped I stood up pump a shell and by the time I had he was up and fleeing so I shoot again he dropped for real this time......I was great been hunting for two years and this is my first animal...I wanna thank snakecharmer, Maytag , breacher and of course fine firearms for providing the great ammo that knocked him.

Attachments

• IMG_20150404_132908_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20150404_132908_rewind.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 21
Nice job. Nice write-up. Nice respect. Well done GSE2... and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

So glad you were able to get......Congrats on a fine gobbler.......Thanks for sharing your story and picture.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu