Thanksgiving long weekend?

s13tsilvia

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
Well as i put in one of my earlier posts, im coming over to california for work and just found out you guys get a public holiday and most people take the extra day as well for thanksgiving, which coincides with my trip! so i get 4 days off!!!

what things can i do being based out of carlsbad? i want to go to a clay target shoot, i know there is one on at redlands and triple b. I also will be going to basspro to get some goodies. Would also love to get out for a hunt with someone if they want me to tag along either deer or birds :)

Any other ideas? are most places closed on the public holiday?

Cheers Josh

PM sent. I'm nobody compared to most of the hunters on this site, but I'm not too far from Carlsbad, and if Josh wants to experience a good ol' American Thanksgiving, I've made the opening bid. Others are welcome to join in to take our guest on a hunt. At the very least, I can feed the guy and take him on a hike!
;D

Hi Bonejour, thankyou for the quick reply and the PM, i think for actual Thanksgiving i am going to be with a work colleague from the states but if that falls through i will take up your very kind offer!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu