Thanksgiving South Texas hunt

Austin Borden

Was invited to hunt a friends pasture on the Junko ranch in South Texas right after thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to shoot a older cull buck that they had been wanting to shoot due to its weak G2 points. This was my first white tail so I was pretty damn stoked. This buck weighed close to 180-190lbs. Stoked! My little brother shot a nice doe and my pops smoked a 250lb hog breaking a corn feeder. Deep freezer is loaded now!
img_9415-jpg.29175

IMG_9415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9415.jpg
    IMG_9415.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9292.jpg
    IMG_9292.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 90
Congrats on a fine family outing.......Beautiful white-tail

ps......We'd have "cull" bucks like that, if we were allowed to feed on private property......Just sayin'

Can't beat that, I'm not much for whitetail but that looks to be a pretty dang good one congrats!

That buck is rad. I saw the pic on Instagram and Facebook. What's the story behind it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That buck is rad. I saw the pic on Instagram and Facebook. What's the story behind it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Missed a buck at 200 yards the first day, took my 30-06 to the range and was shooting a foot low at 100yards. Used a friends 300 mag the following day in a different blind. This buck was scraping trees and running around in the thick brush for a hour just catching glimpses of him, finally made a bad step and smoked him at 100 yards. Not a single drop of blood, he ran 30 yards and rolled over.

Back