The 280AI - shooting well

No $hit, John!...That's 6 football fields, that's 5 football fields including end zones, well over a quarter of a mile.........:scream:

What poundage is your trigger to hold on a target/animal that far?...Does an Accu-Trigger help?...Can you hold just using sticks (Tri-pod)?..........:blush:

ps....This stuff dazzles me........:clap:

Steve,

Before you drop $200 on a trigger you may just be able to adjust yours for free. There is probably a turorial on youtube showing you what to turn. If thats still not good enough, a different trigger spring is roughly $15 and should improve it further. I've adjusted and installed trigger springs in all my rifles and they are fantastic now. Just a thought.

Steve,

Before you drop $200 on a trigger you may just be able to adjust yours for free. There is probably a turorial on youtube showing you what to turn. If thats still not good enough, a different trigger spring is roughly $15 and should improve it further. I've adjusted and installed trigger springs in all my rifles and they are fantastic now. Just a thought.

Adam,

I actually cut/shortened a spring in my daughters Savage Axis .243....It did not come with the Accu-Trigger....It went from as I recall over 4 to 2.5 or so....Great improvement, since I flinch badly....Stefanie never had a problem.... ;)

Watched the procedure on You-tube.....:blush:

.054.JPG

Reactions: 180ls1
I just returned from validating my load @600 yards this morning. The rifle is shooting about 2.5" groups at that distance.

I couldn't be more pleased...
I heard it was a good day for spotting velvet also

Reactions: NBK
I just returned from validating my load @600 yards this morning. The rifle is shooting about 2.5" groups at that distance.

I couldn't be more pleased...
Wow! Great shooting and setup. My 280 AI is shooting well but nothing like that! Looks like you are on target to reach out quite a bit further at some point. Keep us posted.

Yep, you will certainly gets some velocity with the RL26. What is your velocity and SD with your current load? It looks like you were using RL25.

The vertical stringing is something to look at. Have you shot it at distance?
haha yes my writing is bad it was RL23 I scored an 8 lb jug awhile ago. MV is good 2900ish and SD around 10( i dont have my notes with me right now). I'll run it out next week. I'll be at Pala Monday morning.

Steve you should come out to Pala some time its addicting and fun. Even if you don't want to shoot up on the hill there are steel targets at varying distances and really helps build confidence for rifle season.

haha yes my writing is bad it was RL23 I scored an 8 lb jug awhile ago. MV is good 2900ish and SD around 10( i dont have my notes with me right now). I'll run it out next week. I'll be at Pala Monday morning.

Steve you should come out to Pala some time its addicting and fun. Even if you don't want to shoot up on the hill there are steel targets at varying distances and really helps build confidence for rifle season.

Mike,

I would love too....Week-ends or week-days?....Is there a place for regular old hunting rifles/guys?

RL23 is good stuff for sure. Great powder for the 280 and many other calibers. Sounds like you have a great load.

Mike,

I would love too....Week-ends or week-days?....Is there a place for regular old hunting rifles/guys?
Steve I know they have a lot more days open to the public now but I'm not sure which. I shoot there on mondays for the longest time that was the only day open to the public its just been the only time I go. Weekends are match days and a lot of police use the range during the week for training.

Steve I know they have a lot more days open to the public now but I'm not sure which. I shoot there on mondays for the longest time that was the only day open to the public its just been the only time I go. Weekends are match days and a lot of police use the range during the week for training.

Thanks Mike.....Maybe I can meet you over there some Monday..... :blush:

Check the calendar for REC days

Thanks Jeff......I'll check it out........:blush:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu