The best buck ever

fraginator

Nov 20, 2013
Oak Hills
I know where he lives, I know his habits, I know all his friends. Had my bow drawn on him at 40 yards before he disappeared over a ridge. I know he ain’t much but after 3 years at this he is within reach so that makes him the best buck ever in my book...and I’m gonna get him.

214a6b188bdd5d948b79e743a705efe1.jpg
be8edbb673c03079bd8b473b8aaa9cc5.jpg
316a09189456c54aeceb40012b3660b8.jpg

Good luck fraginator.
Awesome looking buck.
Deer stand or spot & stalk?.
Suggestion: Try some doe urine with a pad drag it with a string.
Two deals, it mask the Human scent.
It will lead it to you.
Sometimes it works sometimes it don't.
Best of luck
Longbow

Good luck fraginator.
Awesome looking buck.
Deer stand or spot & stalk?.
Suggestion: Try some doe urine with a pad drag it with a string.
Two deals, it mask the Human scent.
It will lead it to you.
Sometimes it works sometimes it don't.
Best of luck
Longbow

Longbow,
My dad swore by using dow urine for our local deer and i watched it work well many times.

Frag,
Great so cal buck. Stay after it. He’s already hard horned so just keep in mind that once they lose their velvet they’re much harder to pattern.

Josh

Longbow,
My dad swore by using dow urine for our local deer and i watched it work well many times.

Frag,
Great so cal buck. Stay after it. He’s already hard horned so just keep in mind that once they lose their velvet they’re much harder to pattern.

Josh

Thanks Josh for the
valuable advice.

I have had limited success.
I need to do it more often myself.
And as others said, mock scrapes
Best
Longbow

Longbow,

Frag,

Josh

He’s got a buddy still in velvet. But I have only seen that one on camera couple times. My guy is around a lot. Hope he doesn’t change before I find him again.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I’m after him right now and am being outright harassed by does. They have been around for over an hour. They have now started making some sort of huffing sound at me. But they won’t leave!!! Is that normal?

The snorting is a alert behavior, they smell or see something that is possibly a danger to them. It'll alert other deer also.

I once called a doe over to about 8 feet away from me but I had my back to her and huddled into a little ball while my buddy watched and laughed. It snorted at me for about 2 minutes and then ran off once I showed my face.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu