The end of the A31 D11? San Gabriel National Monument

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
So Obama flies in and makes the LA national forest a new National Monument. IS THIS THE END TO HUNTING IN A31 & D11 ?????????

The anti's are dancing in the streets tonight. F-ing obama and his executive orders............

Our nation is circling the drain and this a$$wipe has time to do this......Beyond pathetic!!!!

Oops.......I criticized Obummer........I must be a racist.........Trust me, I could care less what the color his skin is......He's the worst president in the history of this once great country.........PERIOD!........ :mad:

I think it is a National Monument. Carrizo Plains is a national monument.

ilovesprig said:
Our nation is circling the drain and this a$$wipe has time to do this......Beyond pathetic!!!!

Oops.......I criticized Obummer........I must be a racist.........Trust me, I could care less what the color his skin is......He's the worst president in the history of this once great country.........PERIOD!........ :mad:

Could not agree more.

Do not panic just yet..... hunting is allowed on Nat. Monuments. I see nothing that says that will change here.

BuckHunter said:
So Obama flies in and makes the LA national forest a new National Monument. IS THIS THE END TO HUNTING IN A31 & D11 ?????????

The anti's are dancing in the streets tonight. F-ing obama and his executive orders............

Looks like well be alright..
From what i read in the article below..
http://www.sgvtribune.com/environment-and-nature/20141008/president-barack-obama-will-declare-san-gabriel-mountains-a-national-monument-friday

Those who argued that recreational opportunities would be curtailed under monument designation are mistaken, she said. “The most important thing is it includes a greater ability to enjoy recreation from hiking, fishing, hunting to all things previously allowed.”

When I think of a National Monument, I think of something extraordinary, a treasure that all people of the US (should) cherish. I don't mean to be insulting or brash- but could someone fill me in on what is special about the Angeles National Forest? Because the article linked above makes it sound like the proponents just wanted federal funds to make improvements and maintain the area.

I have no idea why San Gabriels are a national monument but the first time I saw Carrizo I knew why it was!

El Matavenados said:
When I think of a National Monument, I think of something extraordinary, a treasure that all people of the US (should) cherish. I don't mean to be insulting or brash- but could someone fill me in on what is special about the Angeles National Forest? Because the article linked above makes it sound like the proponents just wanted federal funds to make improvements and maintain the area.

That's what it sounds like to me also.. $$$$

Absolutely nothing will change anytime soon. Money will be funneled in from the Feds to clean/maintain the forest, but it will still look like s**t. Just like the Adventure Pass was supposed to do. The politicians will find a way to re-direct the money for pet projects. I'd bet that there's some sort of water rights issues as well, but that's just a gut feeling of mine.

I was up there yesterday and they have already changed the sign to read National Monument.

What if......?

What if they put up a gate at the entrance to charge a fee like other National Monuments? Not a big deal but I bet the gate would not be open at 5:00 AM when I want in.
What if they build parking lots and make you park in them like other National Monuments? Then all the hunters will be concentrated around the parking lots. Stupid!

BH,

Again, Carrizo is a national monument and there is no gate there. Let's try not to make up stuff to worry about.

TonyS said:
BH,

Again, Carrizo is a national monument and there is no gate there. Let's try not to make up stuff to worry about.

I hope I'm wrong. Never been to Carrizo. But I have been to the Gate at Joshua Tree.
Things they said they wanted to change / control. Parking, crowds/ number of people. I hope we check back into this post in 3 years and all that has changed is more trash cans and less people swimming/ peeing in the river.

BuckHunter said:
TonyS said:
BH,

I hope I'm wrong. Never been to Carrizo. But I have been to the Gate at Joshua Tree.
Things they said they wanted to change / control. Parking, crowds/ number of people. I hope we check back into this post in 3 years and all that has changed is more trash cans and less people swimming/ peeing in the river.

No need to go. No more animals there. Killed a few bucks outta there tho...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu