The Traeger got a workout the other weekend

SD Mike

Proud member of BH&A, RMEF and NWTF.
Feb 25, 2015
San Diego
So the other weekend the wife and I decided we needed to clear some room in our freezer. What better way than to fire up the smoker and crack open a cold one or three? First up was the chili honey lime yellowfin tuna I caught last season. It's great both as a fillet and mixed in as a dip. Next we threw in buttermilk-brined chicken drumsticks (we call em chicken lollipops). Finally, we put in the last half of the wild boar ribs from the one I shot last year. It came out with a beautiful smoke ring and it made some amazing chilli. That one was probably my favorite. Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_114319.jpg
    IMG_20160530_114319.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20160530_135201.jpg
    IMG_20160530_135201.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20160530_175704.jpg
    IMG_20160530_175704.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 30
SurfNHuntSD said:
Dang man how much food u got going on there.. looks epic! Samples are available where again?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This food didn't last very long, my friend. We vacuum sealed some of the tuna and sent it to family and then proceeded to eat like disgusting pigs. It was beautiful.

This food didn't last very long, my friend. We vacuum sealed some of the tuna and sent it to family and then proceeded to eat like disgusting pigs. It was beautiful.
This made my day hahaha i love my vacuum sealer, I would have sealed a lot of that stuff to prevent me from pigging out like that :p

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu