Thinking about bears?

joncgee

Apr 5, 2015
san diego
Considering hunting bear up north. Heard there are some opportunities in big Bear but wondering if it would be more worth it to go to x12 or other xzones for better chances and to get a look at the country since next yr I should be able to draw a deer hunt up there. What are your guys thoughts? Also would anyone else be considering going? All my hunting buds seem to be bear shy..haha

Reactions: Moves
I hunted bear just 2 years. once in santa barbara county and once in LA county. I would see them then try to get closer and they woud be gone. My wife has no problem stalking through the forrest all day hunting deer but she is also bear shy. I think its one of the coolest things in so cal to hunt.

They are really cool. Especially since your options are so wide open as to where and how you want to hunt tthem. Thanks for the comment. Good luck this season!

When I hunt D14 I would occasionally pick up a bear tag in case I came across one while deer hunting.

The only time I saw one was on a year I didn’t buy the tag.

I would love to go to up Alaska and harvest one off a berry patch. I hear that when they are eating berries they taste amazing.

Reactions: Loosenutswelding
Yes to all your thoughts. No brainer to hunt them in the eastern sierra, especially if you are planning to deer hunt up there the following year.

Shoot me a PM and I can share what I know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdhunt17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu