Tikka T3

Dan86

Sep 21, 2013
Does anybody have any experiance with them and what are you thought? I'm looking to set one up as a general all around hunting rifle and what would be a good caliber choice?

Dan86 said:
Does anybody have any experiance with them and what are you thought? I'm looking to set one up as a general all around hunting rifle and what would be a good caliber choice?

Dan

what is the main prey and where?

Ghost

Dan

now that I am more leaning toward to say use NBK special 260 Rem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.260_Remington
as stated by taft if you want something with more power the 7 mm mag is a good choice.
308 & 30-06 are cheap and plenty of ammo out there.

Ghost

I did have my eye on the 260 but don't know too much about it. The other one that cought my eye was the 300win mag

Dan

I would go and physically look and touch & handle prospective rifles.
feel the weight. remember, you will have to tote these up & down mountains in southern & northern California. for hunting it has to be a match for your style & physical strength.

If i was elk or bear I would go with mag. but for pig & deer 260 should be fine.
even the good ole 308 in my opinion would be a good choice.

Ghost

The .260 is and great round! Fine Firearms has one or two left in stock since you can't get one in that caliber anymore because the importer (Beretta) stopped importing them a couple years ago! Fine Firearms (619) 280-8600

Have a T3 hunter in .270, and love it. Just something about a wood stock over the syn material. Looking forward to killing some black tail in northern Washington this year.

This is my .308 T-3 with a Leupold VXR mounted on Leupold mounts and rings.
I love this thing, bought it this year.

Attachments

• image1.JPG_thumb.png
    image1.JPG_thumb.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
Reactions: Moves
Dan86,

The Tikka T3 is a world class rifle that performs like more expensive rifles right out of the box. These rifles are light, have a silky smooth bolt as well as a bulletproof detachable single stack magazine. The bolt has a very large hardened extractor (very much like an M16/M4 extractor).

They use a Sako barrel with a target crown and have spectacular fully adjustable triggers. You can expect under an inch MOA out of the box with factory ammo.

The sky is the limit regarding calibers. As you know, I like the .260 Rem but all of the calibers being mentioned work great on North American big game. I would concentrate more on bullet placement than anything else.

Here's my opinion, take it for what its worth. I currently owned a Tikka T3, (2) Remington 700, and a Savage with the accu trigger.

If you are looking for just a rifle and keeping it stock, not accessorizing it, Tikka would be my suggestion. The action on it is buttery smooth. Trigger adjustable down to 2 lbs and breaks clean. Best bang for the buck.

If you are interested in getting after market parts to modify it, Rem 700 would be a good candidate; lots company makes parts for it. Savage is also another option. With the Remington or Savage you will want to switch out the lawyer trigger for it to perform the same as Tikka.

Absolutely love my tikka t3. i have the lite model and it is amazing never have had a problem. Mine is a .308 with a little change in the grain i can take anything down in north america. My thoughts are go with it and get it, you will not be disappointed, i did a lot of looking into what i wanted for my over all hunting rifle, and the tikka really was just for me. I went and shot many different rifles before this and different caliber variations, personally i think you will be very pleased with it.

Picked up a 30-06 Tikka and it is a great rifle no complaints what so ever. Use it for dear and pigs put a Redfield scope on it and shoots tight groups. The trigger on this gun is awesome and the bolt is buttery smooth. Hope this helps.

We have a few Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in the family. They are sssuuuuuuhhhhhh-WEET! I've been dreaming about a .260 for a while now, because I reload, so getting ammo wouldn't be as problematic. Recoil would be lighter than it would with .308. For deer and pigs, .260, .270, .308 are all good rounds. You can get .270 at WalMart even when they're out of everything else, it seems! Buy it, put a Leupold on it, and go shoot something!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu