TILAPIA TOURNAMENT AT THE RIVER

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Randomshot and I bow fished the Tilapia Tournament at the river this weekend. This tournament was a game of chance with the biggest fish being the winner. My biggest weighed in at 3lb 12oz and Randoms was 4lb 8oz. Randoms placed but that's his story.
The river is a great place to bow fish, we saw a lot of fish and even saw some Beavers. Here are a few pics of the sites and my best Tilapia.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 168
Snake Charmer said:
Didn't know there was tilapia there whats the story on how that happened?

I had heard about the tilapia in the river but didn't realize how many there are. At night we saw lots and lots of smaller ones, the bigger ones are a little harder to find.

LP you have to much energy. All I did when I got home was sleep. Seeing the beavers was pretty cool. I got about five seconds of video of one of them.

Where is the picture of the beaver with the arrow stuck in it? ;D

Snake Charmer said:
tilapia are not a native species anyone know how they got there ?

Did a little research.
California fish and game found some north of the Salton Sea in 1964, they think they were being raised commercially at one time and set free in the canals.
AZ fish and game found some above lake Alamo in 1968 no idea how they got there.

D16hunter said:
Lungpopper said:
NBK said:
Where is the picture of the beaver with the arrow stuck in it? ;D

There was some discussion going on about what the Regs are on Beavers. ::) ::)
That's the question of the day what are the California beaver regs

Yes I did my homework and I now know what the regs are, Thinking about getting it done with my bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCL-ELRxg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu