Tom Retiring from San J

Most likely it will be wister manager running both areas .

That will not be the case....There is a Supp 1 (Aurelio) and Supp 2 (Chris) at Wister...And, I'm sure the program/routine/check in procedure will change at the wildlife area too.

I wanna know who's gonna replace Tom? Big shoes to fill.
Well, I have a sneaking suspicion, being the DFW is a state agency, that they won't even consider his position opened until he's well on his way to, or even already in Idaho. Then, once they decide the position is opened and they can replace him, they'll open it to applications for a month or two, take a couple of months to do the testing and interviews, and then either decide someone can run things (as was already suggested in a post #21) from Wister or by the time they finally hire someone we'll already be into the 23/24 season.

Toms a sup 1 (assistant supervisor)who is sup 2 at SJ? We were very lucky that tom cared about the area without a sup 2 position filled ! Dont think alot of you realize tom was managing the wildlife area as a assistant !

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu