Total NOOB

pma

Really?
Apr 6, 2016
Santa Clarita Valley
Hey guys, total NOOB here. Been looking around the forums for a couple of weeks and am very impressed with all of the info that you've provided for NOOBs like myself. A little about me - been shooting on and off for a few years. Have always wanted to take up hunting, but never really made the time for it until last Fall. Figured out it was too late to start given that it would take at least a month to register for and attend the CA Hunter Safety Course, so started early this year to get my things in order.

I've taken the online course, and am attending the half day course this Friday in Thousand Oaks. I'm planning to start scoping out D11 early next month (May) and begin hunting D11 during the general season. I plan to also hunt D7 since my uncle has a cabin up in Shaver Lake. I'm very excited to finally begin doing something that I've always wanted to do. Looking forward to spending a lot of time in the sticks this spring and summer.

Thanks again for all of the useful information that you all have provided and thanks for having me on the site.

Cheers,

Peter A. ;)

Peter,

Welcome to SCH......Despite California's attitude towards hunting, there's still many opportunities.....Good luck scouting, because that's really want it's all about..... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu