Town Turkeys

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
image.jpeg Fall turkey is still a couple months out but I've noticed a LOT of turkeys hanging out much closer to town. I have a feeling it's due to a lack of water. This group comes through the yard every day. Hopefully the population isn't declining....?

We saw a bunch in Utah. Have no idea where to find any here. Really was hoping to get one for Thanksgiving. Our 4Her that raised turkey for us isn't doing it this year. And i don't want a store bought Bird....

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Saw a bunch today.....Like most, they were all on private property.....Birds are still in dire straits. So we're (NWTF) advocating no fall hunting.

.007.JPG 010.JPG 021.JPG 037.JPG

Are you saying fall turkey season is going to be a wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying fall turkey season is going to be a wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a wash for the last 3 years (and spring wasn't exactly red hot).....We decided to not have the Lake Sutherland hunt again this fall.....Shooting hens in the fall, just doesn't make sense with so few birds.

Last edited:
hm. yeah I get that. was looking forward to buying a ground blind and trying turkey archery come the season

true true. I guess that gives me more time for desert and trail dirtbike season. can't complain!

It's been a wash for the last 3 years (and spring wasn't exactly red hot).....We decided to not have the Lake Sutherland hunt again this fall.....Shooting hens in the fall, just doesn't make sense with so few birds.
Good to hear no fall hunt at Sutherland. I heard maybe 20 gobbles from the same few birds there all season while I was fishing. Hopefully it'll get better there in a few years. As for me here in Tennessee I'll be shooting a few turkeys this fall massive population in my area. I see around 100 turkeys on my way to work each day and around 20 are on my 12 acres. Hopefully it'll become that way in SoCal in a few good years.

Reactions: 2dogs1name

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu