Trabuco Canyon Cleveland National Forest

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Howdy Fellas and Ladies

My first post here. I a wondering about hunting in Trabuco Canyon Can you?
Does anybody have any details regarding hunting there?

Thanks
Look forward to checking this site out often

John

Your best bet is to get an atlas from the CNF field office or online. $18 and it has all the legit spots allowed in CNF. I have seen a bow hunter come out of that side 2 years back. Down by Silverado Canyon almost.

Welcome.

Like already mentioned, get the atlas. There is plenty of area where hunting is legal up there. I know on the corona/Elsinore side there is some decent dove and quail hunting. I'll be headed up to scout for next season over the next few months. But I have not hunted the area yet.

What does everyone think about the BLM maps? I actually find the to be a little more helpful than the USFS maps, but they complement one another and are updated independently. I think Trabuco would be in the Santa Ana map. Call or go online to contact the Palm Springs office for info.

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
What does everyone think about the BLM maps? I actually find the to be a little more helpful than the USFS maps, but they complement one another and are updated independently. I think Trabuco would be in the Santa Ana map. Call or go online to contact the Palm Springs office for info.

Sent via Tapatalk

I use both. My thought is the more maps the better

'Nuff said. John, enjoy your homework, and get out there exploring!

Sent via Tapatalk

HEY!
Thanks so much! and the Hearty welcome!
I have been up in there doing some homework Just wasn't sure about the Firearm and harvesting issue there. That place screams of critters. Tasty tasty kritters. I understand there is gold in them their hills. Intresting little gem of a spot. Covered in poison oak and its snakey as hell.

Thank you once again for the nice welcome. I will get and take that advice

John

I grew up going back in holy jim and silverado cyn & 4 wheelin over saddleback. Never was into hunting like I am now... but fished the stream alot... even lived in a cabin in the back of holy jim for a lil while, while going to school. Saw some BIG cats back there. A few nice bucks too. Keep an eye out them kittys are mean. It is all Cleveland Nat. forest back of holy jim trail but get atlas. ALOT of hikers mtn bikers and OC folk that frown on hunters. Good luck man

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu