Trail cams??

Bonejour said:
Reviews on the Bushnell HD suggest mediocre night photos. Interested in people's thoughts on that, and whether Cuddeback is better in that regard.

Don,

I like a lot things about my Bushnells......Night pictures isn't one of them.....On the other hand, I haven't seen any trail cams even the very expensive ReConyx that I liked that much. If the animal is moving. They just don't come out unblurry.......The cheapy Tasco (50 bucks) does OK during the day, but not so good at night.

Attachments

• PICT0074.JPG
    PICT0074.JPG
    554.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0282.JPG
    PICT0282.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • HUNT0148.JPG
    HUNT0148.JPG
    640.4 KB · Views: 13
  • HUNT0010.JPG
    HUNT0010.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 12
  • trail cam desert 3211.JPG
    trail cam desert 3211.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 13
  • trail cam desert 1914.JPG
    trail cam desert 1914.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 12
ilovesprig said:
Don,

I like a lot things about my Bushnells......Night pictures isn't one of them.....On the other hand, I haven't seen any trail cams even the very expensive ReConyx that I liked that much. If the animal is moving. They just don't come out unblurry.......
Thanks Steve. That makes sense.

Invisible man said:
chasengame.com has really good test results on all cams. I couldn't decide witch to go with till I went on there and it made the choice obvious.

Which was?

ilovesprig said:
Invisible man said:
chasengame.com has really good test results on all cams. I couldn't decide witch to go with till I went on there and it made the choice obvious.

Which was?
Moultrie Game Spy. I have several of them and have never had a single problem with them. And great night pics too.

Attachments

• PICT0138.JPG
    PICT0138.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • the parade.jpg
    the parade.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
gander mountain has Spypoint Eclypse 5 MP Black LED on sale for $80. Seemed like a pretty good deal. Innovative company, long battery life using AA's, main drawback seems like slow recovery time. I bought 2, but there are others like the Cuddeback that are marked down as well. Will report back once I have a little time with them in the field.

Here is the link:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/search_new.cgi?r=handle_redirect&force_cache=1&do=json&i=1&nav=1&q1=503&q2=503AC&q3=503AC3&q4=Game+Cameras&q5=Wildlife+Management&q6=Hunting&q7=503AC3B&q8=1&x1=cat1&x2=cat2&x3=cat3&x4=t3&x5=t2&x6=t1&x7=cat4&x8=isOnSale&cat_depth=3&matched_cat=503AC3&is_refined=1&ckey=z0kSzAMgFzSCn6dKCRbY+g&icID=HPP4

Been through a wildgame innovations and Moultrie.
I'm sticking with the Moultrie M880I. It's 120 bucks at dicks online right now free shipping.
It's all about trigger speed and 3 shot burst.

Wildgame cameras are crap unless you buy the most expensive new ones.

Thanks and good luck

Wal-Mart is blowing out Moultrie A-5 for $50.00......Only 5.0, but for that kind of money. Everyone could have a couple.

ilovesprig said:
Wal-Mart is blowing out Moultrie A-5 for $50.00......Only 5.0, but for that kind of money. Everyone could have a couple.
wow. that's a good deal. Thanks steve

The trigger speed on the a-5 isn't the best, but I guess for 50 buck o well I just think cameras are worth getting a good one.

I've got one I'll sell you for 40 bucks been in the field for only 2 months and I have the box and everything? Let me know.

I attached a picture of the picture, I forgot to set the date but the camera works fine, I just want the high end one now.
Look to the right of the 1 buck there's a second:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
ilovesprig said:

which Walmart steve they all don't carry the same stuff, or is it Walmart on line?

steveo007 said:
ilovesprig said:

which Walmart steve they all don't carry the same stuff, or is it Walmart on line?

It was the Wal-Mart off Hwy 78 & College Blvd in O'Side.

They have two different kind of camera on Walmart by my house. Bushnell for $99 and the other one is that tasco for $50. but I got a tasco one( Black Friday) $40 dollars. work great for me

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421328875085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421328875085.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421328945645.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421328945645.jpg
    939.4 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421328987377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421328987377.jpg
    970.7 KB · Views: 18

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu