Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sit and wait for them to come to you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoCalB3AST

Sep 2, 2014
lancaster, ca
Just curious what other people do when it come to deer hunting, I was thinking about buying a tree stand and just sitting instead of walking so much just curious what others do

I do it all. it depends on the weather, the terrain, deer movement, How I feel that day. deer stand I think is the most successful but take a lot of patience. and not scared of heights. then again that's for bow hunting, I believe for gun, spot and stalk. yet many years I hunted still hunting, but again takes a lot patience. most of my old pictures were still hunting. ;)

Attachments

• 11825698_10204947398672990_5402966451595808890_n.jpg
    11825698_10204947398672990_5402966451595808890_n.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
SoCalB3AST said:
Just curious what other people do when it come to deer hunting, I was thinking about buying a tree stand and just sitting instead of walking so much just curious what others do
Are you hunting with bow or rifle?

The question is great, but the variables are many......Bow or rifle, hot or cold, early or late, rain or dry, private or public, flat or mountainous, sparse or thick just to name a few.....I have always tried hunting deer with a rifle just like I would with a bow.. Getting close...I've never liked the bombs away shots and I was always a walker whenever I hunted bigger country.....So, If I had to pick one.....Spot & stalk would be it......2 cents.

I'll be bow hunting in September then gun starts in October then my a31 bow tag runs from Sept to Dec 31. Just curious what other people do.

Pondered this question myself recently, as this will be my first bow season in SD. I'm with Sprig, I'll be foregoing the blind and going spot n stalk. The buck I'm targeting is in high desert, flat land, without much cover other than some pinyon and some low chaparral on some mole hills. Should be fun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu