Trip To My Happy Place

HunterMcBuckKiller

Oct 20, 2020
Polk County, OR
Spent the weekend in my "Happy Place" in Southwest Oregon along the Rogue River, Grew up catching fish here with my grandpa.
Hooked and released quite a few Rainbow trout in a matter of 2 hours, my kind of "pride" month :laughing:.
Nothing like listening to the river and birds while keeping the line wet and soaking in the fresh air and roar of nature. farewell bend2.jpgfarewell bend3.jpgfarewell bend1.jpgfarewell bend.jpg

Very nice.... :clap:

ps....I'm thinking that trout may not of made it.............:joy:
I had to let him go, Fishing regs up here are super strict. Only allowed to keep hatchery trout.
My 7 year old daughter really wanted to keep him and cook him...

Good news though, I got access to 50K private logging acres 30 min from my front door starting 8/1. Fingers crossed and a little hard work, hopefully I'll be comparing Oregon White tail venison to CA Mule venison this fall...

Reactions: TrapLine
I had to let him go, Fishing regs up here are super strict. Only allowed to keep hatchery trout.
My 7 year old daughter really wanted to keep him and cook him...

Good news though, I got access to 50K private logging acres 30 min from my front door starting 8/1. Fingers crossed and a little hard work, hopefully I'll be comparing Oregon White tail venison to CA Mule venison this fall...

Good chance it has turkeys too................... :blush:

• Love
Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
I'm all about the bears!! Let me know..will travel!!! This guy almost murdered me at 3ft...I introduced him to Alice..2 hot rounds from her and KAPOOW...The rest is in the below pic..the horror of tracking wounded bears... exhilarating....yet menacing...

Screenshot_20230111-140750.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu