turkey bag limits

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
ok fall season says 2 per season, spring says 3 per season, combined, i was a little unclear, at the tune-up i got various answers some said 5 bird total, others said 3 any clarification would be helpful!!!

The fall and spring are two separate seasons. So for the 2014-2015 season, you can legally take 3 birds in the spring and 2 in the fall.

ilovesprig said:
And it's the honor system too...................... ::)

What's funny is I heard from a friend who heard it from another friend where someone posted their three bird limit on a forum and they were seen out hunting for turkeys again the following weekend lol. The state has a Honor system but looks like forums work good at keeping people honest.

Matagi said:
ilovesprig said:
And it's the honor system too...................... ::)

What's funny is I heard from a friend who heard it from another friend where someone posted their three bird limit on a forum and they were seen out hunting for turkeys again the following weekend lol. The state has a Honor system but looks like forums work good at keeping people honest.
I hope someone had a private chat with the offender.

May be just a rumor, but heard they be pushing the tag system again here in Cali (more revenue?)......One of the few states that don't have tags for turkeys....... ;)

With the huge drop in license sales, DFW will have to figure out ways to take our money. I know the tag thing has been on their agenda for a couple years. Not looking forward to buying them that's for sure. Especially because we all know th funds will never go back into improving turkey hunting and turkey numbers.

MJB said:
Money money.......money money
That's all the Dfg no the politically correct Department of Fish and Wildlife cares about. They could care less about improving habitat or helping hunters they just want the money. They nickel and dime us until we are penniless. I'm happy to be moving out of this state in a few years.

ilovesprig said:
May be just a rumor, but heard they be pushing the tag system again here in Cali (more revenue?)......One of the few states that don't have tags for turkeys....... ;)

Is much as I hate to say it they need to. I know there's some murderers out there lucky for them and not a rat

Turkey hunting is possibly my single most favorite thing to do. I started back in the early 90's when they first started the program. There was only a few guys in San Diego doing it and no one to learn from so we read what we could get our hands on every thing was self taught through trial and error. It took a lot of hard learning and 2 to 3 years before a guy got his first bird. Now there are hundreds of experts in SoCal that will get a new guy or gal on birds your first time out. There has never been better time to learn how to do it. Ca. has a very liberal bag limit, and very few hunters actually limit out. there is absolutely no reason what so ever to start a tag system other then to scalp hunters out of more money. If and when they start requiring turkey tags, I will quit hunting turkeys in this state for ever. It will be a sad sad day in my life. :mad:

Invisible man said:
Turkey hunting is possibly my single most favorite thing to do. I started back in the early 90's when they first started the program. There was only a few guys in San Diego doing it and no one to learn from so we read what we could get our hands on every thing was self taught through trial and error. It took a lot of hard learning and 2 to 3 years before a guy got his first bird. Now there are hundreds of experts in SoCal that will get a new guy or gal on birds your first time out. There has never been better time to learn how to do it. Ca. has a very liberal bag limit, and very few hunters actually limit out. there is absolutely no reason what so ever to start a tag system other then to scalp hunters out of more money. If and when they start requiring turkey tags, I will quit hunting turkeys in this state for ever. It will be a sad sad day in my life. :mad:

RIGHT ON DOUG!!!!!!........We found this a few years back and my mentor led the way (Senior DFG biologist John Massie)........GRRRRR!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu