Turkey Hunts I have Known

Today I went out at day break to scout a new area out. 4000' in to national Forest land the highest elevation I have been to. Right out of the roost called 4 toms in it was awesome being that I figured I would not have a chance of finding turkey at that elevation. So new spot for this season I'm stoked

Good job getting out and finding birds, But its a bad idea to call to them right before season starts. I suggest you only use a locator call to get a gobble then lay low and watch them leave the area then sneak in and find the roost tree. once you do that you can make a plan for opening day. Sneak out and don't tell anyone where they are. Maybe you can just tell me.

Invisible man said:
Good job getting out and finding birds, But its a bad idea to call to them right before season starts. I suggest you only use a locator call to get a gobble then lay low and watch them leave the area then sneak in and find the roost tree. once you do that you can make a plan for opening day. Sneak out and don't tell anyone where they are. Maybe you can just tell me.

+ 1.........And of course, where you found them.......... :D

awesome pics , I really need to get out and try and kill my first turkey . There isn't really anywhere around me that is good for turkey hunting is the issue.

Some of my most memorable hunts from the last few years. I remember my first time hunting turkeys back in 1994 when I was 14 where the turkeys were pretty much on Eagle Peak Ranch (I even got a chance to hunt the ranch a couple times without success). My first turkey call was a Lynch box call and a Quaker Boy glass call I won at the first Turkey tune up on Eagle Peak Ranch. I had really great mentors back then although most of my learning was from trial and error.

Attachments

• 216.JPG
    216.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 203.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 64
For some reason I can only load two at a time lol

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 33

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu