Turkey Hunts I have Known

Today I went out at day break to scout a new area out. 4000' in to national Forest land the highest elevation I have been to. Right out of the roost called 4 toms in it was awesome being that I figured I would not have a chance of finding turkey at that elevation. So new spot for this season I'm stoked

Good job getting out and finding birds, But its a bad idea to call to them right before season starts. I suggest you only use a locator call to get a gobble then lay low and watch them leave the area then sneak in and find the roost tree. once you do that you can make a plan for opening day. Sneak out and don't tell anyone where they are. Maybe you can just tell me.

Invisible man said:
Good job getting out and finding birds, But its a bad idea to call to them right before season starts. I suggest you only use a locator call to get a gobble then lay low and watch them leave the area then sneak in and find the roost tree. once you do that you can make a plan for opening day. Sneak out and don't tell anyone where they are. Maybe you can just tell me.

+ 1.........And of course, where you found them.......... :D

awesome pics , I really need to get out and try and kill my first turkey . There isn't really anywhere around me that is good for turkey hunting is the issue.

Some of my most memorable hunts from the last few years. I remember my first time hunting turkeys back in 1994 when I was 14 where the turkeys were pretty much on Eagle Peak Ranch (I even got a chance to hunt the ranch a couple times without success). My first turkey call was a Lynch box call and a Quaker Boy glass call I won at the first Turkey tune up on Eagle Peak Ranch. I had really great mentors back then although most of my learning was from trial and error.

Attachments

• 216.JPG
    216.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 203.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 64
For some reason I can only load two at a time lol

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 015.JPG