Turkey Opener BBQ & Pot Luck....2017

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hi guys,

We will again have our annual bbq & pot luck at Lake Henshaw at Cabin 13.....Always a great time talkin' turkey the night before the opener.....You don't really have to bring anything, but side dishes & desserts are always welcome.....Saturday we normally do the same thing, but this year they're calling for rain. So we'll all probably have dinner at the Lake Henshaw Café (The Round-up).....All SCHer's invited......BYOD......;)

Pix are from the 2007 opener.....Same cabin.....lol

.IMG1269_207.jpg IMG1283_221.jpg IMG1279_217.jpg

In in about what time does it start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll start cooking at about 6:00 pm.....Venison, duck chili, dove kabobs, and pheasant.....If anyone wants to come up early and help cook, please do.....:yum

If my brother can't make it I'll get there early for certain

Count me in, if I can work up to making the LONG walk from Cabin 12 :laughing:

I'll be a little bit late though, gotta at least attempt to find the roost tree (from afar) before I eat.

I'll be spending the night up there Saturday to Sunday. If you got something going on, on Saturday evening I'm game.

Great Drew........There's been many a Saturday night where turkey was on the menu......:yum

If someone could bring some dry wood......That would be nice......;)

Now that I think about it, I work tomorrow until 3am Saturday and drive straight up with my kid. I might be passed out by 6pm on Saturday lol

Good luck to all of you this weekend. I wont be able to hunt Turkey this spring, Gotta buy a house. Wont matter much to the Turkey's anyway...lol. I still havent found a productive hunting spot.

Reactions: Bugsy71
Hey my firewood got wet, roof leaked I'll bring the driest I have

Thanks for a great time and the great food!!! Steve I owe you a Margarita. It was great to meet you all best of luck tomorrow

George,

It was great meeting you.......Friday night was a blast........Can't believe I didn't take more pix......lol

.048.JPG

Can't wait until next time I'll be in Love Valley tomorrow afternoon if your bored

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu