Turkey scouting Henshaw

Sadly GD..thats something i,ll never know...

You've got a lot to learn, Son...…... ;)
I don’t deny that I do...greatest knowledge is knowing that you know nothing at all....I guess if our ancestors didn’t belong to fee based clubs and get it done so can I. Maybe I’ll come around if I have little luck with public land hunting.... or as I tell the wife “hiking with a gun”

Trespass on Palomar mountain or the Henshaw valley - you will most definitely be photographed with game cameras (almost every private landowner has them) and you will be turned into fish and game or the sheriff. Trespassing and poaching is a crime. And I consider catching poachers more fun than hunting turkeys, so we might get to meet each other.

I “pay to play” at MCC too. I’ve been a member for 12 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Thanks for all the responses. I’m definitely getting OnX again. Heading out scouting next week. Hopefully I see something on public land unlike the last toms I recently saw just 4 miles from my house!! 8B506F77-DE10-4DA3-9BB5-5C0EFDFF5ACD.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu