Two Arrows, Two Coyotes !

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
I have been wanting to start up some predator hunting and I got a Foxpro and a AR in .204 for when archery deer season is over. But when the Foxpro showed up in the mail I couldn’t help sticking it in my pack this morning. I haven’t seen the buck I’m after in two weeks but the coyotes are in there thick. I saw 6 from the stand the last morning out so I knew they would be around.

At 9:15 AM today a single coyote came strolling in and got smacked with a Rage Hypodermic at 43 yards. He spun around 5 times and dropped. 20 minutes later I tried the call for the first time. I set the video camera on record and strapped the remote to my leg so I wouldn’t drop it out of the tree-stand. It was only on for 30 seconds when all hell broke loose. Three coyotes came charging in to the call and were just 20 yards under me. They came up to the caller, smelled it and ran but one stopped for a second to look back and got stuck. I changed the call and one came back looking for their fallen partner and I almost got off a shot on a triple, but he smelled the arrow on the ground that went through the first one and jumped backwards. In all my years hunting this spot I have never seen a fawn due to the coyote problem and hope I helped out a little. 30 minutes later I tried it again with a kitten in distress call and 3 more came in but bolted when they saw me move in the stand to get ready. Total 7 coyotes seen for the day, and no deer.

Stay tuned for the video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faUm-x_ThcU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 69
Way to go Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Careful Jim song dogs can and will make you rabid. Want a real blast get some lights and beer and go out all night after deer season. I go every night I'm at the desert and have savagely desemated more than 1 pack down to 2 or 3 survivors. When I was a teen we almost never slept all winter cause we were dogging. Haven't gone FoxPro yet but it is definitely in my near future.

That's awesome!!! I want to kill one with my bow. I haven't been out chasing dogs for awhile now. My buddy wanted me to go Sunday but I had other things going on. They called in 7 and killed 2.

Nice job buddy! Your doing everyone a favor. Not too mention it's freakin fun and you can call yourself a conservationist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Amazing shooting, and Foxpro sounds pretty cool. The coyotes are thick even in the middle of the city; a couple of neighbors' dogs have been killed this year, in their own yards! I have to talk to Wheels more about joining SDCVC...

Back