Tyler's 1st Rabbits

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
So my friend Tyler calls.....Says he's got a new pellet gun (Gamo Whisper Silent Cat .177) and would like to come over to my house & sight it in.....The 1st shots were at least 6" high at 10 yds.....Moved out to 17 yds and it was still 5" high.....Started dialing it down and after about 80 clicks (not kidding), it was right on......Took us longer than I thought, but because of it, it was getting near sunset.....As Tyler went to his car, he says, "there's a rabbit".....I say, get your gun back out.....We go up to the upper level of my property and started looking at the lower lawn.....There's 3 already there.....Mind you, we sighted the gun in at 17 yds.....This 1st shot was 31 yds and down hill.....Whack!.....Stumbles forward, but goes down behind some scrubs.....Because the pellet gun is so quiet, the other 2 are still in the yard.....Next shot was 36 yds.....This time he crowns it.....It does a complete flip in the air and it's DOA.

Congrats on those 1st rabbits & great shooting.

ps.....When fileting rabbits, make sure your knife is sharp & take your time.....lol

Attachments

• tyler's 1st rabbit.....2016.png
    tyler's 1st rabbit.....2016.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 32
Thanks for helping me sight in my new pellet gun Steve. Fried rabbit fingers tomorrow night!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu