UT Hunters Orange

My boys have rifle buck tags in UT. Does only the tag holder have to wear hunters orange or does everyone in the field?
The way I understand it is, during any season where center fire fire arms will be used all hunters are required to wear at least 400 sq. inches of orange.

Last edited:
Personally I wear at least an orange hat even when hunting small game. the color really stands out against all back grounds.

My boys have rifle buck tags in UT. Does only the tag holder have to wear hunters orange or does everyone in the field?

Drew,

If you don't want to buy the boys blaze orange clothing....I have a bunch of the orange youth vests from the pheasant hunts.

Reactions: TRICER
People are so stupid... I'm always dumbfound when I see a story of a hunter that shoots another with a rifle. Oh the bush moved pop it!

Reactions: Lungpopper
I upgraded mine and the boys exo pack to orange lids. Gonna run them during all rifle seasons every state. Nothing like walking through brush with a bull or deer head strapped to your back. Hoping this will help eliminate any confusion.F90ABA8E-9EA2-41A3-B166-B8E4B6A51453.jpeg

Reactions: MJB
I keep a vest in my pack so I can wrap the head with it as I haul it out.
I have a picture some where, a buddy at FHL is hauling his pig out backpack style, tied his legs together to make a yoke. The pigs has the vest on, it's so damn funny seeing the pig wearing the vest!

I keep a vest in my pack so I can wrap the head with it as I haul it out.
I have a picture some where, a buddy at FHL is hauling his pig out backpack style, tied his legs together to make a yoke. The pigs has the vest on, it's so damn funny seeing the pig wearing the vest!
That's pretty funny. I keep a mesh vest in my pack also. It weighs nothing and I pull it out when I feel it's needed. I don't want it on 100% of the time though, I like being able to "hide" from other hunters.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu