Utah draw is open

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Anyone looking to cash in some points this year in Utah? It'll be my first year applying and aiming for the 4-5 year drawing type odds for mule deer

I'm still building points. Just put in again for elk and buck deer. Their licenses are good for 365 days, not calendar year. So if you watch your dates, you can get two years' of points on one license.

yeah I'm going to wait till next week to buy the license incase they move the draw dates a little next season

Jdrivsd619 said:
yeah I'm going to wait till next week to buy the license incase they move the draw dates a little next season

Wait until the second to the last day to buy the license prior to applying for a draw. This way, next year you apply early in the draw and you won't have to buy another license unless you draw a tag. Capiche?

NBK said:
Jdrivsd619 said:

Wait until the second to the last day to buy the license prior to applying for a draw. This way, next year you apply early in the draw and you won't have to buy another license unless you draw a tag. Capiche?

Thats the game plan!! P.S. thanks for being an out of state hunting motivation to me

I have 15 points for premium deer and 6 for buck deer. Not sure what to do this year points or apply for the Paunsaugant :-[

gteam said:
I have 15 points for premium deer and 6 for buck deer. Not sure what to do this year points or apply for the Paunsaugant :-[

Put in for the Paunsaugant and bring a camera !!!!!!!!!!!

I fish Utah every year. I've got 12 for Elk, 5 premium deer, 3 buck deer and 2 antelope. The premium deer points are a waste, going to be like 2030 before I can hunt a good unit with the point creep. I have 3 units I'm thinking about for Elk. One of them I have way more than enough and would be a guarantee draw, the other two I'm less then 3% draw odds (archery).

Man I miss the old days southern mule deer archery tag now the units are so small.....

Back