Ventura pier 9/27/14

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
I'll be there tomorrow, if anyone's around come by and say what's up!
Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics tomorrow!

Forgot about this.. We ended up 2 shovelnoses, 1 very small leopard, and like 8 or 9 thornbacks

Sdbirds said:
What do you do with leopards we catch some monsters but let them all go.

Leopards gotta be 36" to keep, but If we get one big enough usually bleed it out from the gills and tail. Skin it about 30 min after bleeding. Soak the meat in milk for 2-3 hours before freezing/cooking, then just marinate it anything you would like (I like the teriyaki sauce) for an hour or 2. Then throw it on the grill until it's ready.
The shovelnose is super good too, you should try it! I'm still bummed about the seven gill I lost last year, I heard it's pretty dang good..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu