VORTEX UHD’s

S

stikbrandon

Has anyone purchased a pair UHD’s and if so how are they?
not sure if they are worth it. If they are better Then the razor HD’s by a noticeable amount I’ll probly pick up a pair of 18’s.9C534FD1-3963-48B5-8B39-983A8B140B1D.png

For the money, I haven't looked through a better pair. Biggest bang for the buck right now. I liked them so much, I picked up a pair of 10X's. They have better ergonomics than the standard razors, made in Japan by LOW and are much brighter than the earlier models.

Or - spend the money and get the 15 Swaro's

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
For the money, I haven't looked through a better pair. Biggest bang for the buck right now. I liked them so much, I picked up a pair of 10X's. They have better ergonomics than the standard razors, made in Japan by LOW and are much brighter than the earlier models.

Or - spend the money and get the 15 Swaro's

@NBK

Do you happen to know what is the price difference is in the two, between the UHD’s 18’s and the Swaro 15’s??

To me the UHD's are vortex finally stepping up their bino game and definitely worth checking them out...but I will say I absolutely love my Mavens!

Reactions: NBK
My only experience with UHD’s was in December on my cow hunt in AZ. My buddy just got them so I was able to compare next to my SLC 15’s. During the first few days of our hunt there was snow on the ground and when looking through the UHD’s there was a very obvious and annoying violet hue to the snow. To me it was really distracting. I don’t know if it’s one of their coatings that is doing that or it was the light conditions or what. I’ve never had that issue with my SLC’s. When the snow melted off the UHD’s were true to color and they seemed like great glass.

My only experience with UHD’s was in December on my cow hunt in AZ. My buddy just got them so I was able to compare next to my SLC 15’s. During the first few days of our hunt there was snow on the ground and when looking through the UHD’s there was a very obvious and annoying violet hue to the snow. To me it was really distracting. I don’t know if it’s one of their coatings that is doing that or it was the light conditions or what. I’ve never had that issue with my SLC’s. When the snow melted off the UHD’s were true to color and they seemed like great glass.

That is great feedback. That might be something worth checking with Vortex on.

I am in the market for some new optics this year and Vortex is soo appealing due to the discounts through ExpertVoice. I know people can get access to ExpertVoice through different channels. Vortex even offers some great military discounts.

The 18x56 UHDs listed in this thread are showing as $1224.99.... smokin deal!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu