Wader recommendations

CuppedUp

Looking for new waders, what do you recommend for breathables? Looking for a pair that will last, but don’t want to spend the $$ on Simms.

I’ve read reviews on all brands, and seems like each has the “good” and “bad” reviews... just trying to find which had less “bad”. Thanks

I think if you are not going to spend the money on a high end brand then it is luck of the draw. I have some crappy waders that have lasted 6 seasons and then others that last 1/2 a season.

Right now I am just using the Cabela's breathables.

Right now, I'm using the Academy Sports breathables...Bought 2 pair...Lots of great features and have lasted as good as any other breathable...They were only 70 bucks a pair...They're no longer sold at this price and Academy won't ship to Commiefornia...I would purpose them again, even if they increased the price.

Before this, I used nothing but Cabela's...Always liked their fit, boots, and warranty.

the cabelas waders are great. i use the waste cut ones unless i know i have to go into deep water. easy to fix and they last a long time. If you have a long inseam the wader pants are cut longer.

Another vote for the Cabela's breathables. Love mine they've lasted seasons. Whatever you get take care of them... after every hunt I wash them in Woolite and wipe down the boots with Armor All.

Hmmph... I've never rattled-in a Rat before stikbrandon... :) Might have to try it!
WP_20160512_002.jpg

Last edited:
Another vote for the Cabela's breathables. Love mine they've lasted seasons. Whatever you get take care of them... after every hunt I wash them in Woolite and wipe down the boots with Armor All.
never wash mine but i do keep them in a air tight bag in the off season. ozone is what kills the rubber and the only way to stop that exposure is in a bag

Ozone rusts metal too! My vise and my drill-press are near to wear I run an Ozone generator for my hunting laundry that's hung up in the garage. I noticed the oxidation the other day.

Compass 360 deadfall breathable stocking foot $119. Best wader i have ever worn.

I took a look at gator, they do not know the difference from breathable and neoprene.

Back