Want to go Dove hunting in IV?

ScottyXbones

Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie hunter who just started last year. No one in my family hunts so I've been trying to piece together information from alllll of the govt agencies that regulate hunting. I live in San Diego and I'm looking for a hunting buddy or a group to go dove hunting with, and I heard the Imperial Valley is a good place to find them. My schedule is flexible, so I can go whenever, midweek, weekends, any time I'm not working.

I hunted dove once last year in NorCal on the opening weekend and it was great! I'd like to meet some other friendly hunters and go more often down here. I've been shooting for years and I'm a 3 gun, IDPA, and USPSA competitor, I take safety very seriously. I'm a normal, easygoing guy, I'll drive and I'll buy you lunch and beer. ;D

Welcome to the forum. I don't hunt birds, at least not at the moment, but I live down in the valley so I might be able to point you to some. Wee bit hot right now though too.

Ryan_germain1911 said:
Hey man. My buddy just bailed on me for the opener. I have a spot open and I know where to go for doves. Let me know.
Ryan.

That is very generous. I am sure there are a few folks who just might take you up on that.

hi guys, I am to just getting into hunting, plan on going to salton sea Monday. if anybody is interested in meeting up down that way, that be cool.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu