We escaped... By-by Newscum

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
As of 7/29, I am no longer a resident of Commiefornia. Now residing in the great state of Tennessee. Filling up my truck form $48 less a fill-up. New registration for the truck, $50 this time for the new plate, $29 each year after that. Commiefornia wanted $555 this year. I can register it in TN for 18 years for what Commiefornia wanted for one year. And it took about 40 minutes to get the registration and title done. The new Real ID driver's license took about 25 minutes. And the clerks were pleasant and friendly. (Try either of those at the Commiefornia DMV). No state income tax. Put money on a house that is being built for 1/4 of what our Commiefornia house was sold for. Currently living with our son while the house is built. He's 800 feet from the boat launch on the lake. Already getting the grandsons on fish. Loving it. Here's a few pics. (The bucks were taken out of our bedroom window)... IMG_3536 copy.jpgIMG_3538 copy.jpgIMG_3540 copy.jpgIMG_3542 copy.jpgIMG_3545 copy.jpg

Congrats on the move!! I paid $60 for my registration this year in ID and was able to pay for 2 yrs..I was paying over $300 in CA and like you said the DMVs are night and day. Can get same day appointments and almost no waiting. I remember having appointments and still waiting over an hr at the DMV.

There is a lot of reasons why I would not consider TN as an option to move and it has nothing to do with politics.
With that said, I'm glad you are happy there.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu