Welcome Newbies!

MCC is a club that is open to the public to join.......760-782-3503......Ask for Janice.

Start reading upland & waterfowling posts.....Lots of info and a number of guys in the same boat as you....Just keep reaching out and good things will happen.

MCC.....

Attachments

• Squirrels,turkeys, & deer 7-4-12 011.JPG
    Squirrels,turkeys, & deer 7-4-12 011.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Squirrels,turkeys, & deer 7-4-12 018.JPG
    Squirrels,turkeys, & deer 7-4-12 018.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 23
HI all,
My name is Matt, I currently living in Forest Falls. I love the outdoors....Hunting, Fishing, hiking, Mountaineering pretty much anything outdoors. I am fairly new to hunting and still looking for my first deer after 4 years. This year is my first year hunting with a bow and looking forward to some good times! I have AO tag and a D14 tag. Ill mostly be hunting in D14, I was out this morning, came back empty but found lots of sign and sum new mountain quail covey. ;)
Look forward to reading and researching on this awesome site and maybe meeting some hunting buddies as I hunt mostly solo. ThX and goodLuck everyone!

Matt,

Welcome to SCH.......Good luck in your deer hunting adventures. I have a friend that lives in Big Bear and he's always getting nice bucks in his trail cams.....I love mountain quail..... ;)

Leoffensive said:
I'd love to get with someone and go hunt some ground squirrels.

Problem is I do not know of a good place to go hunt those little guys.

I would like to graduate to bigger things like coyotes at some point in time as well

I have a 30-06 and planning to build another ar-15
Leo, cottontails and Jackrabbits are easier to find on public land if you're interested in small game. There are some recent threads on where to find cottontail. Look under "small game".

Bonejour said:
Leoffensive said:
I'd love to get with someone and go hunt some ground squirrels.

Problem is I do not know of a good place to go hunt those little guys.

I would like to graduate to bigger things like coyotes at some point in time as well

I have a 30-06 and planning to build another ar-15
Leo, cottontails and Jackrabbits are easier to find on public land if you're interested in small game. There are some recent threads on where to find cottontail. Look under "small game".

ok thank you sir

Leoffensive said:
i should also mention i have a bowtech assassin. if that makes it a bit easier finding places to hunt.

Since you have a Bowtech it may make it harder (J/K)......... ;D

That AO tag is good down here in D-16 and there's some archery only areas.

are there classes that go more into depth on hunting?

when i took my class they only went over gun safety and basic survival stuff. nothing on tags and regulations and stuff related to hunting.

Leoffensive said:

when i took my class they only went over gun safety and basic survival stuff. nothing on tags and regulations and stuff related to hunting.

Not really......That's what SCH and forums are for........... ;)

Leoffensive said:

Leo, you might consider joining your local NWTF or CWA chapter, or volunteer for clean-ups, pre-season tune-ups. Even if you don't hunt turkey or waterfowl (yet), most of the experienced guys hunt a lot more than one type of game and have a lot of knowledge to share. For example, at off-season meetings of NWTF's San Diego chapter, Steve (I Love Sprig) or Paul or others will often give talks about fishing and hunting topics not related to turkey hunting specifically. In-season and preseason talks cover decoys, setups, calling and tactics. Those presentations are really helpful to inexperienced hunters and add a ton of value to the meetings. But Steve's right: read a thread on here about scouting or finding game, then go try to apply what you've learned, and come back here and post a report. You'll have specific questions and you'll get answers to apply next time out. The field is the best classroom.

Reactions: sleipnir
ilovesprig said:
Welcome to SCH......You have 2 things going for you......Your name is Steve and you have a dog named Jake..... :D

As far as pheasant in the IV......Tougher than it used to be, but still doable......If a field isn't posted, hunt it. The exceptions are row crops( lettuce, sugar, beets, etc.)......Sounds like a number of SCH'ers are getting together. Here's the threat......Good luck in Montana......Love that place...... ;)

Sorry it took me so long to get to this message, Thank you very much, for the information and reply.

Hi everyone, my name is John.I am from Riverside. I have been studying the local area for the last year or more. Coming into hunting later in life is a challenge due to the long learning curve, but I think I'm ready. I am hunting D-14 this fall. am also an avid fisherman and a high powered air gun hunter. Looking forward to meeting people with similar interests. If you are local to the area or Hunting D 14 this year, feelfree to send me a PM. Good luck this season!

Hello, everyone! My name is Scott. I grew up in Cali, but moved to Utah 9 years ago. I moved back to the high desert last year, and quickly realized how spoiled I was! Anyhow, after a series of bad events the last couple years have been horrible to me and my family. I actually get to hunt this year, so if you see a blue expedition with white hunting stickers on the back window, say hi. I'll be hunting d-11, and d-14. I also have Utah tags. I don't know about advertising here, but look up my Facebook page: adstaxidermyshoppe. I have been a taxidermist for 8 years now, and make sure I do my best on every mount. Customer satisfaction is my highest priority. Thanks, see you guys out there!

Reactions: sleipnir
Hi everyone,

I joined the forum some time ago but didn't get into hunting and didn't really post anything.

Some background on me; I live in the San Fernando Valley and have been in SoCal for about 7 years now. Before that I was in Fort Hood and Dallas, TX. I was in the Army for 4 years from 2002-2006 as a Combat Engineer. I work in the digital media space and love my awesome hour and fifteen minute commute to Mid Wilshire everyday! I took up Sporting Clays and Trap last year and it hooked me on clay shooting! I currently shoot my 12 gauge 32 inch Browning Citori 725 and I'm not that horrible!

I've been wanting to get into hunting for awhile, so I've been doing my research on this and other sites. I'm hoping to meet someone on here that is looking for a Upland hunting buddy.

Welcome SC-Sapper......Lots of good guys that are just starting out like you are on this site......Good luck finding a partner up your way....... ;)

Hi, I am new to this website but not to hunting. A little info about myself. I grew up in SoCal and hunted the local mountains before moving to Seattle, Washington in 1995. I hunted all over Washington State and took a nice Blacktail in 2009 near Elbe, WA. I just relocated back to SoCal with my wife to be closer to family and I am looking forward to meeting some hunters and getting back out there. I will probably miss this 2015 season due to the new job but I will be scouting when possible and hope to be ready for next season. Bummed about the non-lead hunting ammo law but we will have to make due until it is changed. Please contact me if you would like to talk about some hunting prospects. I'm 48 years old, don't care about your age as long as you handle yourself in a respectful manner, have some hunting experience, respect the land and understand current hunting laws. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments

• 100_0570.jpg
    100_0570.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu