What kind of animal is this?

MarceloF

Jun 2, 2017
I was out hiking with my kids a couple of months ago and we saw this skull attached to the backbone.

At first I thought that it was someones dog (maybe a Pug or Bulldog) that was taken by a Coyote...we just left it where it was and did not think much of it.

This past Sunday I was out with a friend hunting Coyotes many many miles away from where I saw the bones with the kids, and on our first stand, I saw something white a few yard away from where we were sitting and I went in to investigate it.

It was a small animal skull and It looked pretty interesting so I brought it home. today I was looking through my pictures to clean up my phone and saw the pic of the first skull and it was the same type of animal...

Can any of you guys Identify this?

skul.jpgskull.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Im just gonna throw it out there...that appears to be a chupacabra...seen one once in the jungles of deep mexico...still get shook up when im asked to recount that hot humid morning in 1981...oh man..

Last edited:
Im just gonna throw it out there...that appears to be a chupacabra...seen one once in the jungles of deep mexico...still get shook up when im asked to recount that hot humid morning in 1981...oh man..
My run i n happened in the Amazon in 69. Still have nightmares..

Reactions: HATCHET1
Man, Looks like a dog that fell out the Ugly Tree and hit every branch on the way down! Eesh!

I'd love to hear your Chupacabra stories sometime fellas! :skull:

That boxer skull looks very similar but I'm starting to suspect it is from an English Bulldog...

What are the odds that I'd find two of those in very different locations.

dog.jpg

Reactions: HATCHET1
I was out hiking with my kids a couple of months ago and we saw this skull attached to the backbone.

At first I thought that it was someones dog (maybe a Pug or Bulldog) that was taken by a Coyote...we just left it where it was and did not think much of it.

This past Sunday I was out with a friend hunting Coyotes many many miles away from where I saw the bones with the kids, and on our first stand, I saw something white a few yard away from where we were sitting and I went in to investigate it.

It was a small animal skull and It looked pretty interesting so I brought it home. today I was looking through my pictures to clean up my phone and saw the pic of the first skull and it was the same type of animal...

Can any of you guys Identify this?

View attachment 43178View attachment 43179

A messed up hog maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu