what stupid s%#t has your lab ate?

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Today I come home from work and my labs got into a full box of hot tamales, a new chapstick and some other trash.

So here is a partial list of things my dogs have ate. What have your dogs eaten. Chewed up does not count only things ingested.
Crayons
Tamale husks
Playdough
Cat products
Tin foil
Toothpicks
Q tips
A whole cake
Sees candy And they didn't die
a lb of almonds " that one got ugly"
Misc string and rope
a whole dove in one gulp

I don't have a lab got a husky and she ate half a black widow and then a hole chicken wing out of my hand didn't even chew it just swallowed it

Not a lab (Small Munsterlander)

A whole live tweety bird.
Lizards
Turkey poop
Rabbit poop
Couch pillow
Bee
Multiple moths
Laughing cow cheese wedge aluminum foil and all
Paper towels
Half of a birthday cake
Whole burger (Papi spent a 1/2 hour making it perfect - walked out of the room and Bam...gone)
And who knows what else!

Attachments

• Dieter Can 3.JPG
    Dieter Can 3.JPG
    819.4 KB · Views: 63
Half of a sock, thank god it passed!
Dog crap
Cat crap

A head of a dead crow

And a 4" thick 3' long rope over the period of a week

My friends lab ate about 15lbs of lead diving weights that were in a bucket in the garage. Had to have surgery to remove them. About a year later he ate the rest of the lead diving weights that were left in the original bucket and I guess it was even more lead than the first time....it was off to the vet for more surgery again! Has anyone heard of a dog doing such a stupid thing :eek:

I have a humphries llewellin but I can add to this list. My pup enjoys crayons, but the one I have the most trouble with is plastic bags. The ones you put veggies in at the store.

There is nothing so distressing as seeing six inches of plastic bag hanging out.

My Jagd
Stick of butter then thru it up and eat the carpet fibers she thru up on.
Coyote's nose

Ah labs where should I start.

Rocks
Rabbits
Gophers
My chickens
My turkeys
Couch stuffing... that was fun
Skunk..The whole skunk. Once again a character building experience.
Decoys
All the wiring under my toy hauler
Cow nuts
My dinner...she'll never do that again
Shoes
Waders
The neighbors dog...well partially.
And not to mention every and I mean every duck she retrieves for anyone but me she eats the head.
Drywall
Romax12 2

They're labs people. They eat stuff. They fetch stuff and they'll love you no matter what. Hands down my favorite breed of dog but I might get a gsp

Yea I forgot about bird heads WTF is that about. My Zoe really likes dove heads

When I was younger I use to hunt near the
Boarder quite a bit. So my buddies black lab ate a Mexican weave blanket on a hunt. It went down smooth. Until it went threw. It was interesting to watch a buddy have to remove a foot or 2 I've Mexican weave from his dog. I've Heard of rocks bacon grease.

I'm knocking on my dining room table when I say this but donald hasn't eaten anything interesting that I know of yet

Haha so far my lab has eaten:

Rock of several shapes and sizes
A whole kong ball (surgery required)
Oil soaking pelleted you get at the auto parts store
Two collars (found both of the name tags luckily)
A whole roll of sod
A dove (that he killed)
A gopher that he dug out of the park

I know there is more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old dog Shepard/lab mix used to eat bees. Could tell they were stinging him but he loved to chase em down and eat em. He also ate quart of malted milk balls when he was a pup. Had the runs for two days.

I don't have a lab but my spainel has ate the following:

Bugs: If it crawls it dies
Lizards
Baby birds: came the house with leg hanging out of its mouth. Wife was not happy
Gophers
Rats
Pheasent wing I was trying to train him with
Only the corners of pillows
head phones
extension cords. Has not been zappped yet
shoes
sticks
straws
Thank you card
Ice.
My belt loop.Was chewing on a toy and started chewing on me!

I could go on and on!!

Today my lab ate 20-30 hershey kisses from a dish he had left alone for a month, aluminum foil and all. Then he was caught later eating a jack-o-lantern I just carved and put outside. Ate the entire top and face off. Don't know what got into him today. Now he has gas that won't stop, just waiting for what is next!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu