What's in his mouth ?....... a banana!!!!!!

kingwouldbe

Apr 29, 2013
So Cal.
My son and I were blood trailing another smaller boar he shot @ around 7:15, moving slowly up this canyon looking for blood when we bumped this guy out of his bed, the wind was in our face so, he just stood there as we did a 1,2,3 on him and we both hit him, he took off up the canyon, he was hurt pretty bad, I saw his tooff's right away, it was hard to hid'um, as they was above his nose.

We ran after him cuss you can loose a hog real easy is some thick cover, I was surprised he could run as fast as he could, after about a hundred yard dash, I dropped my pack to try and keep up with him, I would run as fast as I could, like OJ Simpson the killer, though the airport, shoot, then run after him again.

He started to slowdown after 300 yards or so, I finely caught up to him, and he turned and charged me, I turned, lifted my skirt, ran and screamed like a little girl....... he stopped, so I stopped, knelt on one knee to shoot under the trees, shooting my last arrow into his front right shoulder breaking off a big chunk of his shoulder bone...... he didn't like that and charged me again, then we had a Mexican stand off.

He would charge and pop his tooff's and growl and grunt, as if to say " I'LL EAT YOU IF I GET THE CHANCE"..... he would start to turn and take off, I would run at him barking like a dog and yelling for Caleb to come over here as I was out of arrows, ( he went to the other side of the canyon to cut him off as I stayed on his trail ) Caleb finely caught up to where I was at, he could not believe this huge boar was standing 5 yards in front of me, with our arrows sticking out of him.

He was pissed off and popping his teeth, he wanted a piece of us, but was out of gas. Caleb finished him off with one more through his chest, he finely fell over breaking 4 arrows..... I hate that when it happens......eeeeerrrrrr.

Being a hog-a-holic, I absolutely love hunting hogs, however shooting big boars is another beast, "TOUGH " is an understatement,

especially with the limitations of trad gear, you just don't have the energy of other hunting tackle, so you got to be close and that just adds to the overall experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0060 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0060 - Copy.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 261
Congrats ! great story and great trophy, I was charged once by a wounded pig and had to hip shoot him with a rifle as he was so close there was no time to raise the gun, he slid to a stop two feet in front of me with a spine shot. Congrats again.

Sounds like a great hunt.....running after bow shot pigs is a must in the thick stuff unless you have a dog to help out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu